Monday, May 17, 2010

Blazing Sword Conclusion

After I complained about the final chapter of this game, I completed it that day. It was only the undead bosses that freaked me out; the rest of the ending wasn't terrible in comparison. Except I kind of killed Marcus. Though he's one of those characters that is "seriously wounded," not actually dies, so I don't feel as bad. You did well. Thanks for sticking with me, buddy.

My final roster included: Eliwood; Hector; Lyn; Nils; Athos; Pent; Louise; Erk; Marcus; Hawkeye; Vaida; Renault.

I actually expected Hawkeye to die during the end, not Marcus, so it was a pleasant surprise when he didn't. I was also grateful that Nils dodged every magic attack thrown at him. Both final battles, Nergal and the dragon, were pretty much done by Eliwood and Athos. Pent's physic staff came in handy there. Especially when he traded it with Erk in the same turn. (Thank you, Erk, for your hammerne.)

And the obligatory list of A-supports:
Eliwood/Hector
Lyn/Kent
Guy/Matthew
Pent/Louise, though this is default.

Ever since I saw him on the board I wondered how I recruited Jaffar, but it came to me too late—probably should have spoken to him with Nino after recruiting her. Next time. And what happened to Lucius? I tried talking to him with Lyn after he appeared again, but he didn't join me. I have to look this up.

This is, easily, my second favorite FE story thus far. I'm actually trying to find an English translation of its sequel, since it wasn't released in the US. But I know they're out there. If I'm scouring the internet for the sake of playing a game... you know it was good.

I love these guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment