Sunday, November 14, 2010

PoR Conclusion, hard mode

After my several play-throughs of this game, I decided it was finally time to go at it in hard mode.

I wouldn't call it hard, but it was certainly increasingly challenging. Stronger enemies—and more of them—and experience points not as easily gained. You know you've played a game too many times when you say at any random level, "hey that enemy wasn't there before!"

But I rather like hard mode. Works the brain cells a little more.

The obligatory endgame roster includes: Ike; Ena; Elincia; Boyd; Ulki; Shinon; Rolf; Oscar; Tanith; Rhys; Haar; Astrid; Titania; Stefan.
Honestly, Ulki, Shinon, and Titania just weren't that good to warrant a spot in the endgame. But I kept them around for finishing off enemies and the like. Besides, Boyd & Ulki had A-support so it certainly helped Boyd out to have his buddy around.
And I kind of accidentally killed off Haar in the end. But what can you do?

And can we discuss how I have to battle Ashnard twice in hard mode? yeah. Even with Ike maxed he only did nine damage. Good thing I had a couple physic staves; Rhys kept himself busy at the end. I also didn't know Ashnard moves from his post about nine turns in, which was unfortunate for Rolf the first time around :(

And the top five: (with number of wins)
5. Ike (95)
4. Oscar (99)
3. Rolf (110)
2. Titania (127)
1. Boyd (143)
I like me some Greil Mercenaries.

I'm actually surprised that Astrid isn't in there. Once I had her leveled up and promoted, she was unstoppable. Equipped her with an axe and gave her the Provoke skill and she tore down everyone. I think she came in at #7. Only she and Ike had maxed exp, though Rolf was five points from it himself. I kept on willing more enemies to appear at the endgame just so I could properly max him out. Oh well.

But yeah, Boyd was awesome. He was MVP for more than half of the game, I'm not even kidding. I used to think Boyd pretty useless and I tend to not use him that much, but I guess I just proved that he's totally worth training.

Hard mode = success.

No comments:

Post a Comment